This message is from: briar hill farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:30:42 -0500
From: "Tamarack Lamb & Wool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: clicker training

This message is from: "Tamarack Lamb & Wool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OK, I watched the video and have to wonder this:

how many times do you think that lamb will do the agility course without a reward? clearly the only reason the lamb goes through the course is because it was lured through with a treat. anyway, my question is, for those who use clicker training, how long does the animal perform the more complex activities without a food reward or a clicker? Does the enthusiasm wain if the reward (food and associated click) is removed?

Janet

You might ask, "How long would people continue at their job with out a pay check?
Would their enthusiasm wain?" The answer would vary, but most folks would certainly
loose interest. So it is with the animals. Animals, like people, are motivated working
for a pay check (reward). They are also more likely to continue if they enjoy their work
and don't have other concerns.
I think of clicker training as a huge way of saying "yes!". Most training techniques have a lot of ways of
saying "no", "don't", "quit". Clicker can be incredibly fun for both the trainer and
trainee.

Marcy Baer
Briar Hill Farm
www.briarhillfarm.com