This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 5/9/2007 10:35:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

More  specifically, do you think that Fjords (as a breed, not specific
horses)  ARE or ARE NOT suitable for children, novice horse people,  as family
companions, and for therapeutic riding programs?

Great question! My own opinion is that, in general, "Fjords as a  breed" ARE
suitable for all of the above. That said however, I do have to  say that not
ALL individual Fjords are suited to all situations. I don't think a
generalization like that can be made of ANY breed. You must always take into
account
the individual animal. We all know of course that a stallion is not  a horse
for
a child or a novice. A big strong gelding that may be a perfect  horse for a
man may be totally unsuitable for a novice woman or a child. An  energetic,
well trained Dressage or Reining horse may not make an ideal  Therapeutic
horse.
And, on the other hand... That lovely mare that you can  always trust to take
care of a child, novice or handicapped person may never be  suitable as a
driving horse, dressage horse, jumper, reiner, etc.

But... We as Fjord owners know that there IS the right Fjord  out there for
nearly everyone! Right? :)

Amy

Amy Evers
Dun Lookin' Fjords
260 May Creek Rd
Days  Creek, OR 97429
541-825-3303
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])