This message is from: "kelly MacDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fjords are great all-round horses.  Of course, some are better suited to
specific things.  One thing about most Fjords is their willingness and
work ethics.  I have rarely met a Fjord that won't give you 100% when you
really need it.  And of course, they are beautiful to look at.

They make great lesson horses and therapy horses because they are also
very forgiving. They don't tend to get 'sour' as quick as other breeds.
For therapy their gaits are wonderful - big and smooth.  Of course I'm
talking generally, as there are always exceptions.

Where most Fjords excel in carriage driving, some don't.  My Fjord for
example isn't driving material.  He's super-sensitive and somewhat
spooky.  He isn't suitable for beginners, but if someone is ready to
learn how to ride a well-trained, sensitive horse you couldn't find a
better mount.

The thing is, you can't sum up "Fjords" in one sentence.  Like other
breeds, they differ from horse to horse.  Fjords come in all shapes and
sizes, and just because they have appearance similarities doesn't mean
they all have the same personality.  For the most part they are extremely
people-oriented, honest, willing, hard workers, kind, and extremely
appealing to the eye.  You'd be hard pressed to find a breed that is so
quick to steal your heart.