This message is from: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks to everyone who responded. I have the fjords in the unused arena which had some grass.....not any longer!!! The horses seem to be less bloated than when we first brought them home last Saturday. The heaviest weighs in at approx. 1500-1600 pounds.....using a weight tape and approximating the weight as it is off the tape chart. The other 2 weigh approx. 1,250 and 1,395 pounds. The vet recommended Gro N Win from Buckeye. Only one pound per day..... to keep them in the vitamins. They have been getting ......since yesterday......only 2 flakes of hay in the morning and 2 at night.

The horses are testing the arena fencing. It is made of vinyl 3 rail. They WERE using it as scratching posts until I ran electric hot rope around the middle rail....just at butt scratching height......no more rubbing.

The fjords are settling in well.....very quiet, not much whinneying unless they see us with the food buckets. For not having been messed with in at least 3 yrs.....they are very affectionate and want to be near us. We plan on hand walking the larger mare as she has very poor feet and is having trouble just walking around the arena. We will try and excercise the other two by placing them on the lunge line and see if they will move that way.

Thanks again to all who have responded. I will keep the list posted on our progress..

Teresa F in MO.