This message is from: "Ardeth Obenauf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As I read all the posts about controlling feed, etc. I wonder if you all
have had your fjord's thyroid checked.  When I first got my mare Jayne,she
was a little chubby and a vet suggested that a lot of drafty breeds have low
thyroids. When we checked it, it was indeed low.  So we supplement with
thyro L and she maintains a good weight on her own, getting the same amount
of pasture time as my quarter horses.  This year when her 4 yr old son
reached maturity, he continued to put on weight.  We checked his thyroid and
again it was low. We supplement him, too, and he's holding at a good weight.

ao