This message is from: Emily Wigley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Our daughter, almost 15 years, says about wearing helmets: "If you think your hair style is more important than your brain, it probably is." Suffice it to say that we simply wear helmets, in and out of the saddle (and cart., although I rarely drive). I always wear one grooming my tall warmbloods because I've been clocked in the side of the head by tall youngsters a couple of times. I wear a helmet when teaching unless I'm standing in the middle of the arena -- often I'm walking near the horse or longing, and not only think it's a safe thing to do but a very good excample to all my students, who range in age from just 6 to 60 at the moment.
Emily, flat haired today and proud of it!
:-)