This message is from: "Mike May, Registrar NFHR" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 04:45 PM 6/27/2007, you wrote:
This message is from: Emily Wigley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Our daughter, almost 15 years, says about wearing helmets:  "If you
think your hair style is more important than your brain, it probably
is."

Back when I was a 4H Leader I was asked a lot of questions about helmets by parents & kids too. Mostly it was which one should I buy? How much do I need to spend on one? I always gave them the same line the guy at the snowmobile shop gave me when I was buying a helmet back in the 70's. I had asked him which helmet I should buy from a whole rack full of them. His reply was a classic I have never forgotten.

He said "Well if you have a $10 head then buy the $10 helmet, if you have a $100 head then buy the $100 helmet".

Of course those were the 1970's prices when a $100 actually bought a pretty nice helmet. I always told the 4h kids and the parents the same thing. You usually do get what you pay for in this case. Of course style & looks have some to do with riding helmets too. Best advise now days is to make sure it is ASTM certified.

Mike

Norwegian Fjord Horse Registry
Mike May, Executive Director & Registrar
PO Box 685
Webster, NY  14580-0685

Voice 585-872-4114
FAX 585-787-0497