This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It is nice to see some research and some first hand  experiences.  Not
everything is always as bad as it can be made out to  be.   There is always a
good
reason as well that something has been  invented for helping horses.   I have
watched many dentals and I have  to say the tools in the wrong hands can be
very bad, however in the right hands  filing sharp edges down seems to be a
standard floating including hooks and  points on the first molars.  Bit or not
it
would seem uncomfortable to me  to have something that sharp in my mouth.  I
have never had or asked for a  bit seat to be done or found the need for one,
but that could be just because my  vet takes off the sharp edges on the routine
float.

Bonnie

Auburn, Washington

cold and windy