This message is from: "Melinda Schumacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

Sorta funny update about my new (pasture) electric fence and the
fence-checker.....

My Nigerian dwarf goat wether, Gunner, jumped the paddock fence earlier this
week.  This caused me to wonder if the electric fence, now including the new
pasture fence, was charged or not, given that Gunner has never jumped the
paddock fence since it was electrified last fall.  I hadn't gotten a
fence-checker yet, so I decided to give the Old Farmer Trick a try.  I
wetted a wide blade of grass and tentatively approached the wire, waiting
for those pulses of electricity to flow up my arm.  I never felt a thing.  I
was still not going to touch the wire with my bare hand, so off I went to
TSC for my fence-checker.  It has multiple lights to gradate the voltage, up
to 5500 volts plus.  All of them lit up when I tested the wire at a couple
of locations.  Guess I have enough juice.

Melinda in Marengo
muggy and hot, but change is in the air

--
Coaching with Melinda Schumacher, MD
Personal Empowerment through Creative Expression and Equine Experiential

"You wander from room to room hunting for the diamond necklace that is
already around your neck." ~Jalal-Uddin Rumi

"As she knotted the reins and took her stand, the horse's soul came into her
hand, and up from the mouth that held the steel came an innermost word, half
thought, half feel."~paraphrased, John Masefield

Fly Without Wings www.flywithoutwings.net
Gestalt Practitioner www.gestaltcleveland.org