This message is from: "jen frame" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am really appreciating this thread, because I have been concerned
about my Fjord's tender-footedness.  I am a devoted barefoot horse
momma. My Fjord has been increasingly tenderfooted on anything that
even resembles a rock (i.e. she is even tenderfooted on dried mud that
is pitted from hoof marks when it was wet). My new Hoof Trimmer seems
to be cutting her hoof wall too short. I asked him to keep it a little
longer, but he refused saying that the hoof wall is NOT supposed to be
weight bearing.  This next trim, I will insist that he leave the hoof
wall 1/8" longer than the hoof wall/sole junction, and see if that
helps her out.
 I trail ride her and drive her. I am going to buy her boots, but have
been stalling due to not knowing which brand to get.
I thought I had settled on Old Macs because people on another list
(recreational Driving) seem to love old Macs, but then I saw Kate's
posting yesterday on this list inwhich she said they were a pain in
the butt to put on.
So now I am back to square one.  If I have to struggle and grunt and
sweat in this Texas summer heat to put boots on, it will be a waste of
money because I won't use them.
I am now seriously considering the Renegade boots...
Does anyone who uses boots for Fjords use Renegades? If so, how are
they to put on?
I have crossed all of the various Easy Boot styles off the list due to
what I expect is difficult to put on, and/or the potential for Coronet
band rubbing......
Anyone drive in boots?
Thanks,
Jen