This message is from: Cherrie Nolden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Karen,

Sorry for the slow response. I'm out of town with limited internet access. No
need to yield anything, as I'm always learning also. These conversations
challenge me to review my understanding and I LOVE it!

I'm interested in talking with you about how you think about the colors. I've
found ways that make sense to me, but I would love to be able to think about
the inheritance from a different perspective and be able to describe it from
that perspective if people have a hard time grasping the way I best understand
and explain inheritance.

If you are interested in sharing, could you send me your phone number?

I've not understood the naming conventions of some of the colors. Brown dun,
red dun, white dun and yellow dun make sense to me, especially for non-Fjord
folks who may not understand that the dun dilution is always present in this
breed. Why black dilutes are officially called Grey, and not mouse dun or
grulla or gray dun (grey if using the European spelling), seems confusing to
me since the true gray/grey is not even a color option in Fjords. And why we
are calling the Kvit colors Albino on the NFHR pedigree site seems very
misleading. Albinos have no pigment and red eyes. Kvit Fjords still have a bit
of melanin in their skin and hair, and they have blue eyes. Anybody out there
have any insight on these conventions?

Cherrie