This message is from: "Mary Sergeant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I am new to the list...just bought two wonderful Fjord mares a month ago.

Even though we work with them several times a week, they become bored during
the day.  They are together in a large paddock with metal fencing which has
a wooden beam across the top.

According to the barn owners, they are becoming termites (cribbing on the
wood).  We have tried numerous coatings but they are smarter than we are.

I wonder about toys that are safe to leave with them.  I saw the postings
for the play balls, and will probably get one for them, but am looking for
other toys that would be safe.

We love "the girls" and want them to have the best life possible, so any
suggestions are gratefully received.