From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:27 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: RE: Keeping Fjords busy

This message is from: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

If they are actually cribbing, you will need a
cribbing collar.

If they are just munching on the wood (more likely),
I think they are doing it because of some need that
seems to appear at this time of year.  I saw my
Fjords licking an old stump in the pasture, and then
biting it.  They were clearly after minerals...and it
always seems to happen as it gets colder.

I would try joining the Equine Cushings Yahoo list
and learn about hays and mineral supplementation and
do that.  That might work.  Lots of work..but you
will learn a lot, and you will learn how to
supplement your horses for health much more cheaply
(and correctly) than if you buy supplements.

My opinion is that toys might make a small dent...but
not much.

Gail