This message is from: "jen frame" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Kristie, I am no expert, but I sure do research and obsess over
equine nutrition.
So here is what I think, for wha tit's worth: skip the beet pulp.
Although it provides fiber (which is good) it is very rich and horses
get fat on it easily. If she is getting "plenty of grass hay" as you
said, then she has no need for beet pulp.
Since she gets a small ration of Triple Crown Lite, she is probably
NOT getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs. So I would buy a
product called "Photo Finish Revised " from Horsetech.com
If you top dress her Tripple Crown with that, she should start to look
really good, which is a reflection of what  is going on inside.
She needs nutrition, NOT calories, and the beet pulp is too many
calories and not enough nutrition, in my opinion. And although I
hadn't heard of the connection between soy and founder (Thanks for
that info) I agree that soy is not great for horses--adds to much
estrogen and can mess them up hormonally. Unfortunately many of the
new low starch feeds use soy because it is high in protein and low in
starch.  I try to keep myself and my horses on a low soy diet!
There is a new feed by Purina although they call their new brand
Wellsolve. It is advertised as a weight loss feed. Actually it is very
high fiber and low in fat and in starch and in calories. so your horse
feels like she is eating, has the sensation of satisfaction, but is
not getting fat. It is very expensive and my Fjord loved it but did
not lose weight on it. You may want to look into it and see what you
think of it.
I hope this helps,
Jen