This message is from: Karen Keith <kkke...@hotmail.com>

Lois said:
"So we moved to a beautiful golf course community where it never snows,
someone else mows the grass and I have absolutely nothing meaningful to start
my day. If people think owning horses without riding them is foolish I beg
them to watch golfers spend fortunes chasing little white balls."

Oh, Lois, this quote is a keeper.  I married into a family of golfers who have
always just thought I was nutty to have horses -- "They're so expensive."  My
very first horse property was a 3-acre place in Florida that we had to clear
and fence ourselves.  The first time my avid golfer MIL came to visit, she
took a walk around and proclaimed it smelled like horse poop.  Arrggghhh!  The
only thing that saved the marriage was moving far away from the inlaws.  :^P

BTW, right now I only have a mini horse.  Guarantee ya I'm not riding him.
But we are working on a version of dog agility training.  It's a hoot.  He
jumps his little jumps, weaves through cones, walks a teeter board.  There's
lots you can do with a horse from the ground, if that's what you want to do.
Or just enjoy their horsiness.

so I say enjoy your horses however you like them and never mind what others
think.

Happy New Year!

Karen in Northern Virginia, looking forward to the spring when I'll be adding
a Fjord filly to the place.