This message is from: Genie Dethloff <gdp...@comcast.net>

This message is from: crystal...@aol.com
in the almost 3 years since i had my knee replacement, there has not been one
day when i woke up and said "oh, that doesn't hurt." it's become a chronic
pain which is now affecting my daily life and is making me quite depressed.

Oh Laurie,
I'm so sorry to hear that your knee replacement was not a success story. I may have missed comments by you before saying that you were having problems. I have a very bad knee that dislocated several times and then a surgery to prevent dislocations that caused all sorts of problems for years. I know my knee may not last my life time and I have reason to believe my replacement surgery would not be a success story either. I really feel for you. I wish you could continue riding Oz and making progress, but you may be better off waiting until better weather and then only doing what your body will allow you to. Oz will be fine whether he is ridden or not, especially since I am sure he knows he is loved. Remember, we ride them for our good - it is not what nature intended for horses. We are so lucky that horses are generous enough to let us on their backs and even that they let us lead them around! Oz will enjoy his time off just being a horse.

This time of year it is hard not to get depressed especially due to less sun light and challenging weather. Was this your first Christmas on your own? The holidays can bring up all sort of emotions both good and bad. I hope you can make it through this rough time and find enough support to make daily life more pleasant. I am not riding much now due to my horse being in training and due to physical limitations I am going through. I find that lack of exercise really depresses me. Sometimes I just go to the barn and take Pjoska in the indoor and walk around with her for 10 minutes. I also find that watching my trainer work with the horses keeps me feeling involved.

Congrats on finding a truck that was a good deal.
--
Genie Dethloff and Pjoska
Killingworth, Connecticut