This message is from: Starfire Farm <starfiref...@usa.net>

Lois Berenyi wrote:

For some reason horse and non-horse people can't understand owning a horse and not riding it. Or, if riding it, not showing it. ... They are my friends and companions and there are so many ways to enjoy them without burdening them with my weight or myself with aching muscles and joints....

So we moved to a beautiful golf course community where it never snows, someone else mows the grass and I have absolutely nothing meaningful to start my day. If people think owning horses without riding them is foolish I beg them to watch golfers spend fortunes chasing little white balls.

This is so well said, Lois. One can get so much satisfaction and soul-felt comfort from just being around a horse. It is not necessary to have them doing something for you all of the time. They are doing something for you by just being there.

Karen Keith said:

BTW, right now I only have a mini horse.  Guarantee ya I'm not riding him.
But we are working on a version of dog agility training.  It's a hoot.  He
jumps his little jumps, weaves through cones, walks a teeter board.  There's
lots you can do with a horse from the ground, if that's what you want to do.
Or just enjoy their horsiness.

If Karen is willing to share it, she is not "just" doing this with her mini. The work is all at liberty and it's really very good. Like she said, it's a hoot, but it's also amazing to see! Can't wait to see her enter an agility contest at a dog show...right Karen?????

;-)

Beth

--
Starfire Farm