This message is from: jern...@mosquitonet.com

My old Bjarne, now 34, had on and off lameness when he was 12...the vet couldn't
pin point it, but it turned out it was a long standing staph infection in his
shoulder from an old injury that would flare up.  If finally culminated in an
abcess in his "arm pit".  Surgery and antibiotics finally got rid of it and he
wasn't lame after that  (until the last few years with arthritis in his old
age).

Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, longest days with  21 hours, 49 minutes sunlight!