________________________________
From:
"jern...@mosquitonet.com" <jern...@mosquitonet.com>
To:
fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:00 PM
Re: fjords vs others

This message is from: jern...@mosquitonet.com

The gal
who trained Bjorken and Adel trained big warmbloods and thoroughbreds for
dressage.  She was really scared of the power my Fjords had, said she could
easily
muscle the other horses she trained, but was scared of the powerful
neck and all
over power of the fjords should they decide to take off on her!
Jean in Fairbanks, Alaska, -50 degrees, and thick ice fog, zero visibility in
town.

> Then I also pay a girl to help me keep my horses exercised. Twice a
week she comes
> here to ride my horses with me; 2 Fjords and 1 QH. My older
QH is retired.
> Last week I asked her if she would want to own a Fjord if she
could.
> The answer was a resolute NO!!
> She loves the quiet disposition of
my Fjords but would still prefer Glider, my
> youngest QH.
> When I ask her
why, she can't really explain. She thinks it has something to do
> with their
strength, both mentally and physically.
> There's a little bit of fear I guess
for the enormous power that a Fjord
> represents, sitting there right under
your but. A little Hummer in stead of a
> Volkswagen. The idea that if this
short-necked creature ever wanted to take off on
> you, there's nothing you
can do about it.

Important Fjord Horse List Links:
Subscription Management: