This message is from: brass-ring-f...@juno.com

I have a drafty Fjord who can carry weight, shys about once a year, will
free lunge 5x around for 1 teddy graham, is the first horse on trail
rides to go over the bridge, water, you name it. Once she went by a
working well digger (up in the air, whump, crashing down, noisy, shiny,
scary) only 20 ft away, and led 2 other horses by it, saving us a very
long ride if we had had to go back the way we came (maybe she knew
that!).

And now I also have a 20 yr old gelding who rides and drives and seems
steady as a rock (so far), a little more forward than the mare, but just
walks if that's what I want.

Yet none of my friends want Fjords. I don't understand it. We are all
over 60 and value calm and quiet as the most valued traits, but they all
look at me and say they are nice horses for ME but they want their
Qhorses or Cleveland Bays or thoroughbreds or whatever they ride. Very
odd.
        Valerie