This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

Our vet told us that the compounded Pergolide was often lacking in the amount
of active ingredient in it.  She says that the new, approved Pergolide has a
calibrated amount of the active ingredient, and she finds it is much easier to
calibrate the dosages, and she gets much better results.  I know the lack of
appetite is one of the side effects, and that there are supplements that often
help with the side effects.  There was also an issue with the liquid Pergolide
degrading and not having enough of the active ingredient.

 In 2 yrs.
she aged, and her last 6 months, the infections, tummy, teeth, eye, then
several issues with her feet.  Very very sad.   It does seem to me in the 2
yrs. she was on it, she never improved and over time had more issues.  But I
feared taking her off the meds as what would she be like if while on the
pergolide, she was going downhill?  And yes, had her blood tested about 4
times during these 2 yrs., and seems it was always high