This message is from: "Teressa" <tere...@kodiakfishco.com>

The roses are an interesting story. We were seeking out a vendor to do our
flowers and came upon Margit Holakoui who owns Margit Holakoui florists and
another wholesale florist in LA. Well, she's Norwegian! She made us
prototypes and sent photos and measured them and then we placed our order.
She delivered them on New Year's Eve to our barn at LAEC. The carriages had
to be taken to their staging area (about 1/4 mile from our location under
the bridge in the pit) around 2pm. A bunch of us then added ribbons to each
bouquet in an assembly line - we had 14 bouquets for the four carriages.
Then four of us took the flowers and our tools to install the flowers on
each carriage around 5 pm when the temp had dropped and the sun gone down.
It took us about two hours to get all the flowers fastened to each carriage
- as each carriage's front flowers and each carriage's rear flowers required
a different fastening solution. It was me, Susie Sabatini, Margie Diaz, and
Jeanne Poirier - plus one very helpful security guard - working by our
truck's headlights and various flashlights, Susie was the only one who
thought to bring a headlamp.

Then we had another five smaller bouquets for the ridden horses tails and 8
slightly larger bouquets to put on the driven horses harness which were
fastened on when tacking up under the bridge at 6 am.

To top it off, Margit (our florist) and her Norwegian friends invited us to
their beautiful home for a reception one evening prior to the parade.
Another Norwegian friend who lives in a condo right at the beginning of the
parade route invited them all over for parade day and they waved a huge
Norwegian flag and cheered for us as we went by.

Teressa