This message is from: Steve McIlree <st...@carriagehorse.com>

I certainly wish we could "bring back" the List. Whenever I have to renew
the mail server or the URL I wonder if I should just pull the plug, but
then it seems we always have a flurry of activity like we are now
experiencing and I let it live. I don't consider myself old fashion, but I
simply cannot abide the silly crap that goes along with Facebook so if I
end this list I'll complete lose touch with everyone I've come to know
since it started.

I'll round this out with a short Fjord story from this morning. Tank and
Teddy each get two meals a day which consist of 6½ pounds of grass hay and
1½ pounds of alfalfa. We ran out of alfalfa yesterday, so I made up today's
breakfast of 8 pounds of grass hay. I always lock the boys in the round pen
while I fix their meals to avoid their inevitable offers of help, so after
I put breakfast in the feeders I let them out and stood back to watch what
would happen when they found no alfalfa. They went to the feeders and began
rooting for the alfalfa, eventually throwing most of the grass hay on the
ground in a futile attempt to find the hidden treat.

Knowing something was decidedly wrong, Teddy retraced my path from the
feeders to the hay barn hoping to find where I had undoubtedly dropped the
alfalfa. Tank though was more direct; when he had convinced himself that
there was indeed no alfalfa, he marched across the pasture to where I was
standing. He stopped directly in front of me, lifted his nose until it was
just inches from mine, and stared straight into my eyes as if to say,
"Where the **** is our alfalfa!" Then he executed a beautiful turn on the
haunches, stomped back to the feeders and started to eat his inadequate
breakfast.

--
Steve
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought