This message is from: Gail Russell <g...@zeliga.com>

> The term "quality" can mean different things to different people. Perhaps
> we're overdue to
> redefine exactly what it does mean.. in the scope of long term breed
> survival; being certain that we're
> not inbred painting ourselves into a genetic drift corner of homozygosis.

What this argues for is "different people" so you can get "different
horses."  Like, people who still farm with Fjords, or people who want
therapy horses instead of forward dressage horses, or people who want short
horses as children's horses, or people who want caisson horses for military
burials at Arlington (the Rose Parade is nothing....now there is a
project!...to displace the Percherons...we've already got the uniformity,
plus a military buzz cut, and a much crisper look).

Gail (who clicked her three little dots dutifully, and thought, just for a
moment, that she saw flash by the words, "click here so Steve will draw and
quarter you, thank you from your friendly Google staff."