On Fri, Sep 14, 2007 at 03:41:05PM -0700, Josh Coalson wrote: > yeah, I'm not sure how to handle that... I thought it normally > comes from gettextize. flac uses iconv but not gettext and it's > not set up to run gettextize, so I've been just copying my > /usr/share/gettext/config.rpath into the releases. but since it > felt like a hack I never checked it in. (I did add a note in > autogen.sh about it.)
Ah, so you did. You might as well make autogen.sh copy this if it can. You also need to copy the AM_ICONF and AM_LANGINFO into m4, I think? MacOS X provides iconv, but not gettextize. I'm not sure how to make that work either. I got it to build under vanilla (intel) MacOS by reducing the required automake version to 1.6 in Makefile.am and replacing AM_ICONV and AM_LANGINFO_CODESET with: AC_DEFINE([HAVE_ICONV], [], [Whether we have libiconv available]) LIBICONV="-liconv" AC_SUBST(LIBICONV) But the link fails with: ld: ia32/.libs/libFLAC-asm.a(bitreader_asm.o) has external relocation entries in non-writable section (__TEXT__,__text) for symbols: FLAC__crc16_table bitreader_read_from_client_ It builds when configured with --disable-asm-optimizations. I'm running the tests now. -r _______________________________________________ Flac-dev mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xiph.org/mailman/listinfo/flac-dev
