I think 8 was a decent enough improvement on the mac, tough it still feels like it has to wake up everytime you cycle in and out of it and it feels bloated. but I'm all for it if they are focusing on a complete rewrite for flash 9 for the mac (which I really hope they are!).

adobe doesnt exactly have a track record of the low-card software diet releases.. its usually bloated to the point where it hardly runs on your two-year-old machine. like why cant there just be a raw mode in these applications? like, how come illustrator 6 just get better and better for every new release? ;)