On 30/10/05, Michael Bedar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You would need to call a javascript function from AS when the user
> clicks the inside swf and set the value of a hidden form field.. then
> the user can click the HTML send button and send everything.

Thank you very much. I haven't done this before, but from some quick
googling, I assume that one would use something like fscommand or getURL?

The person who gave me the brief said something along the lines of "Sure
Flash can talk straight to a database! All you need to do is set the
connection string or something!" I hitherto hadn't realised this was
possible - I've always thought you used loadVariables to call an (in my
experience) ASP or PHP page that talked to the database. Can anyone clear
this one up for me please?

Thanks very much,

Amanda.