I'm not sure how your site is built but the purpose of the HTML Overlay (HO for short) is to get HTML from a database (using ASP, PHP, etc) and update the div that is displayed transparently over your flash document. The html content can come from an html element on the page or be set in flash like this:

// set the html in dynamically created div
my_ho.setHTML = "<some html>"
// move the div to a new location relative to where it is on the flash stage
my_ho.moveTo(10,30)
my_ho.setHTML = "<new html>"

Is really one of my personal favorite projects. It is to give Flash all the features of HTML from within the Flash IDE. Now with External Interface we have a even more features. I still get info that people do not know it's uses. I'll post some links to live demonstration shortly.

Best Regards,
Judah

Sander wrote:

The principle works indeed. But the HTML has to come from Flash. In a large site where dynamic (ASP) pages create the menu's, it can't be used.