> " Wget doesn't feature JavaScript support and is not capable
> of performing recursive retrieval of URLs included in JavaScript
> code.
>
> In fact, it is impossible to extract URLs from JavaScript by
> merely parsing it. Web clients need to actually execute it,
> and Wget can't do that since it's not a GUI browser. "

While this is true for wget, there are engines that will execute Javascript
to extract URLs, then fetch those URLs. Texis' Webinator does this. It's
also relatively easy to do this using Windows Script functionality. I ended
up writing scripts for exactly this purpose - to fetch Javascript URLs.

In addition, as others have mentioned, it's very easy to capture anything
through a proxy. SSL doesn't prevent this, either.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/