No, but what Ryan describes is exactly what getNextHighestDepth() is for.

Nathan
http://www.nathanderksen.com

On Feb 3, 2006, at 8:19 AM, Scott Hyndman wrote:

It's not when you don't want the movieclip to be on the highest depth.

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Nathan Derksen
Sent:   Fri 2/3/2006 11:07 AM
To:     Flashcoders mailing list
Subject:        Re: [Flashcoders] How do you code your Flash applications?

getNextHighestDepth() is your friend :-)

Nathan
http://www.nathanderksen.com

On Feb 3, 2006, at 2:05 AM, ryanm wrote:

   Another little bit of advice you may find useful, don't put
depths right next to each other, leave room between them. When
developing a UI, I often put them 10 depths apart, as in navigation
container at 10, content container at 20, footer container at 30,
etc, instead of at 1, 2, and 3. That way, if I need to add a new
section, or if I need to drop in additional elements like a
scrollbar, etc, I have a depth available without having to go
through the code and increment all the subsequent depths. Since
there are 65k depths available and I rarely use more than a dozen
on any given timeline, I figure spacing them out is safer than
putting them right next to each other.

ryanm