Man I had a great time and thought this conference really put the fire back into Flash.
The keynote really showed how exciting and positive the Adobe merger is!

They built an iTunes style app in flex2 in just a few minutes on stage, and they showed off Apollo, the next platform for desktop-based flash apps. Everything is
changing at a lightning clip and I really saw what a huuuuge deal
this merger is and how good it is really going to be for both of
those companies and for all of us, Kevin Lynch has been put into a
real position of influence which makes it happen. Adobe is really all about how to
leverage the pdf and flash players but they reassured that there
won't be any sort of attempt to combine these things directly, more
like all sorts of interesting strategies to provide a useful platform
using all these tools. Seems like in a few years they ought to try
and build an OS of their own (is Google?). Also showed an astounding
performance gain in As3, really impressive actually.

The conference is on a ripping comeback now, this was the biggest
crowd since the dotcom crash, at around 1500 attendees - everyone was
super focused and attentive at the sessions, and the parties were all
really fun and classy, including a catered party at Gameworks.

Lynda explained to me that FF will no longer be west/east coast
- just wherever they want. The next one planned is Austin -- going to
be a real blast, that's a sweet town, and it coincides with the Austin City Limits festival.

Really great material this year on Flex, AS3, Grant Skinner's talk was awesome, Tons of
great stuff, got to see the guys from Homestar Runner and JibJab talk
which was awesome. Fully 5 sessions dealt specifically with
externalizing technology and how Flash can be used for this very
easily now. I got lots an upbeat response for my session, heard
Natzke's and Hillman Curtis' sessions were great...

Over all this was an incredibly positive experience for me, it really
brought back the love and excitement for being in such a vibrant and
vital community.

Moses