AS3 is not part of Flash 8, which is why you didn't find anything on it in the official documentation.

On 6 Mar 2006, at 12:42PM, Forums @ Existanze wrote:

Hello all,

This is my first post in this mailing list after reading it for about week, just to get the feel of thing. I have seen actionscript v3 being mentioned here. I am a programmer, not so much of a designer, so I would be really interested to find out more about v3, changes and new functionality in the language. I went to the formerly macromedia site to look for changes in flash8 but I saw no mention of as v3? Can anyone point me to a reference to
it?

Thank you for reading

Gyftus

Regards,