Ok, since my email got through this morning, I'm hoping this one gets
through.  Here is the question I've emailed four times now.  Doesn't show up
in the threads.

Here we go:

Here is what I have so far:

import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*;

m = 0;
numTiles = 112;

function placeTiles() {
    if (m == numTiles){
        m = 0;
        clearInterval(buildTiles);
    } else {
        _root.attachMovie("square", "tile" + m + "_mc", m, {_x:m % 14 * 50,
_y:Math.floor(m / 14) * 50});
        myObj = "tile" + m + "_mc";
        new Tween(_root[myObj], "_alpha", Regular.easeInOut, 0, 100, 35,
false);
        _root[myObj].number_text.text = m;
        m++;

buildTiles = setInterval(placeTiles, 30);

This works fine.  Builds the rows one after another.  But what I am trying
to do is build one row across and one down.  Make sense?

In essence, the final display and position of the objects will be:

123
456
789

The sequence I am after: