I am going to be back by my computer in a couple of hours and I will try that sound trick.
If that works, I will be completly amazed!

It is exactly an action game I am making so I need to at least be able to know what FPS my movie actually runs in.

/Michael

From: Patrick Matte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Can this be true?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:00:03 -0400

I'll give you a precious trick to make the swf run faster :

Using your favorite sound editor, create a new file, add one second of
silence. Save the sound.

Import that sound into flash.

Create a movieclip on stage. Inside the movieClip. Add a few frames, lets
say 25 frames. Add the sound on frame 1 and loop it until it reaches the
last frame.

Publish and watch it a browser. It plays 30 fps.