Hi all,

Basically i attachMovie my character (which is an AS2.0 class extended
MovieClip) to _root, then move it back and forwards across the screen
using the Tween class, unloadMovie my character, go to a different
frame, attachMovie my character back again, but this time it seems as
though there are two or more Tween objects trying to control my
character.  If i reattachMovie using a different instance name, then
it will work fine.

So how do i completely unload my MC and my Tween so that there are no
references hanging around ??  How can i find out how many references
there are for a given object (similar to the ref count in lingo
objects in Director) ??  And is this only happening because of AS 2.0
?

Heres my stripped down test movie:

mc with ID of idRedbelly1, AS2.0 class of code.Crawlie2 which contains:
--------------------------------------
import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*;

class code.Crawlie2 extends MovieClip {

        private var Walker:Tween;

        public function StartWalking(){
                Walker = new Tween(this, "_x",None.easeNone,this._x,this._x +
200,1,true);
                Walker.onMotionFinished = function(){this.yoyo();};
        };
};
--------------------------------------

frame 1, symbol named btn on the stage, the following as a frame script:

--------------------------------------
btn.onPress = function() {
      _root.test.removeMovieClip();
        _root.test.unloadMovie();
        _root.gotoAndPlay("part2");
}

_root.attachMovie("idRedbelly1","test",_root.getNextHighestDepth(),{_x:50,_y:50});
_root.test.StartWalking();
stop();
--------------------------------------

frame 10 with marker name of "part2", following frame script:

--------------------------------------
_root.attachMovie("idRedbelly1","test",_root.getNextHighestDepth(),{_x:50,_y:25});
_root.test.StartWalking();
stop();

I also tried a version that set Walker to null before i unloaded the
MC but that didn't work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
--
:: Nik Derewianka ::