If you are talking about flash, no i believe it doesnt automatically import
your class for you.
You may be getting confused with the new Flex Builder 2 which does infact
import automatically for you.

On 25/05/06, Rifled Cloaca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Flashcoders,

So this is one of those things I wonder about.  If I type a var to a
custom
type, doesn't the compiler automatically import the associated class
files?
When or why would I need to explicitly need to use the import directive?

Thanks in advance!
-g