Before Flashcoders was around, people had to solve their Flash problems on
their own.  After Flashcoders was around, some people didn't know about it
and had to solve their Flash problems on their own.

Bottom line is - the solutions are out there and many people don't take the
time to try and solve their problems on their own before taking it to the
list.  They think that it will be faster if they just ask the list, without
realizing they are robbing themselves of an important exercise in training
their own resourcefulness and problem solving abilities, and at the same
time degrading the signal to noise ratio of Flashcoders.  I can't tell you
how many times in the past three months I've seen the same exact "newbie"
issues repeated over and over.

Flashcoders is not supposed to be the newbie arena.  It's become the newbie
area because "help vampires" have infested it.

"If a question is 'beneath you' you got more problems than newbies. Nobody
demands that you answer, so whee, get off the list then."

I recommend reading some Ayn Rand.  Just because you "need" doesn't mean
you're entitled.  Hasn't history proven that communism doesn't work?  Don't
expect others to help you simply because you need help and aren't willing to
help yourself.  Telling the Flash veterans to "help me, ignore me, or piss
off" is eventually going to reduce this list to newbies helping newbies.

Your response to "Try searching the archives or google for your answers
before asking the list" is "If you don't want to help me, shut up."
Apparently, petulant children have taken over.

The internet is the world's most comprehensive encyclopedia.  While
wikipedia might have fallacious information in it, it's very rare to find
misleading facts about Flash out there.

This article sums it up very well.

http://www.slash7.com/pages/vampires

"It's so regular you could set your watch by it. The decay of a community is
just as predictable as the decay of certain stable nuclear isotopes. As soon
as an open source project, language, or what-have-you achieves a certain
notoriety-its half-life, if you will-they swarm in, seemingly draining the
very life out of the community itself."

"The chief indicator of a Help Vampire problem is the lack of
helpfulness-the community may still appear to be bustling and lively, but if
on closer inspection the conversation is all towards the shallow end of the
pool, with moderately difficult questions going unanswered, then a Help
Vampire infestation is likely."