On 7/5/06, Chris Velevitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/5/06, Marcos Neves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a A world map where each country is a movieclip. And every one
> will have the same behavior. Before flash 9, what I did is assign a
> class called Country to each movie clip. This way, I can easy update
> the behavior of all at the same time.

Did you do this in AS2 or via the library linkage properties?
Library linkage

> With Flash 9, I can´t assign a class with the same name and can´t
> specify a base class to the Auto Generated extends.

I haven't used Flash 9 alpha so I don't know Auto Generated is. If you
specified the class name via library linkage properties and Flash 9
doesn't allow it, it sounds like a bug.
Yes, flash 9 doesn´t allow me assign the class Country to more than
one MovieClip.

> When ask for AutoGenerate, a check box would enable an different base
> class, and I would write on the textbox. So a movieClip called Brazil,
> would have a autoGenerated class called Brazil that extends the class
> Country, witch would be my base class.

Does the Brazil class redefine any methods of Country?
AutoGenerate works like this:
If you give a Brazil name to a movieClip and don´t assign a class to
it, Flash auto generate a class called Brazil wich you can do new
Brazil in your code to create that movieClip.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Sydney Flash Platform Developers Group