Zinc looks awesome on the outside. The app is nice looking, the APIs look to
be really deep & extensive. However I have found it to be quite buggy

On 7/17/06, Nick Weekes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Adrian/Eric,

Thanks for the info.

I need to build quite a large RIA soon (it will be a flex app, but for the
purposes of this discussion the gui will be a series of swf's) that
requires
extensive local machine/local network access (and this needs to be
released
prior to Apollo).  I understand there is a polarised opinion of desktop to
swf products such as zinc, but my current thinking is if I need to use a
wrapper of this nature, I'd prefer to write my own in C# (my app is
heavily
reliant on database servers, and im not sure current data access in zinc
or
swf studio is sufficient or good enough performance-wise).

Maybe these products have moved on since I last investigated though.

Eric, just out of interest, what particularly puts you off zinc?

Cheers,

Nick