Might be a dumb and simple answer, but is there any way to simply detect
the presence of the Flash player in IE WITHOUT also checking for a
specific version number (IE detection only is required, not other
browsers)? The Javascript detection scripts I've seen always check for
say Flash 7 or 8, but not for just Flash.

Reason is: In our case, all of our user base either has the Flash player
installed of a specific common version enterprise wide, or not at all.
I'd like a script that does not check for versions, or multiple
versions, so we don't have to update the detection script when the
enterprise pushes out a new player version to the user base.  Our
detection scripts in HTML files get pushed out and copied several times
over to different web sites, so I don't want to have to update all of
those later when new version of Flash get pushed out.

It's probably quite simple with Javascript, I just don't have much time
to research it today. Thanks!

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Learning & Organizational Effectiveness