I agree.
Perhaps it's a good thing that once the game is launched the contest for the prize won't last too long.
So that might reduce the amount of hackers that eventually notice the game.
I hope I'm not under estimating hackers, I guess they could crack the game in a few hours anyway.

Thanks for your help!
JulianG

Danny Kodicek wrote:
Be aware that once you're allowing for hackers getting into your game, just
hacking into the server communication is not your only problem: they may
find ways to cheat the game without touching that code. As a simple example:
suppose you have a space invaders game with a function 'destroyShip', if
they invoke this function they might be able to increase the score
'legitimately'. Look into the history of MMORPGs to see the number of
ingenious methods hackers have found to cheat their way in (my favourite is
the story of the rogue carpenters who held characters to ransom by building
wardrobes around them)

Danny