I still think that more server side logging will stop hackers more effectively than any thing you can do on the client side if you are going to have to give them the client code. Some server side logic will add to the difficulty without increasing your code very much. A small script that takes the game state and return you a token that has to be returned with the next transaction lets you track time or plausible state sequences will be hard to beat without actually playing the game AND getting a high score AND tapping the TCP/IP traffic. If you let them continue to play after you have found them cheating, that will also slow them down.

Ron

Steve Mathews wrote:
Everyone always underestimates hackers. Everything is hackable, it is
just a matter of time.

That isn't to say don't bother. You just have to find the right
balance of time and effort vs. security.