I usually delete the rollOver handler while I'm over it, detecting the rollOut event through hitTest instead of onRollOut... its something like this:

myFunction
 clip.onRollOver
    delete clip.onRollOver
    clip.onMouseMove
         if(!clip.hitTest(_xmouse,_ymouse))
              delete clip.onMouseMove
              myFunction //redeclare onRollOver

Holth, Daniel C. escribió:
It seems like in many of the projects I'm doing I need to have
simultaneous onRollOver events. For example, a small movie clip with
additional buttons needs to enlarge when the mouse is over it so the
user can clearly click the buttons.  However, when the user mouses over
a button, flash no longer detects that the mouse is still over the
movieclip and thus executes the onRollOut event making the movieclip
shrink and the user can't see the buttons clearly anymore.

I've used some code which can tell if the mouse is over an object, and
attaching that to onMouseMove events can basically make two mouse overs.
While its not checking the mouse position every frame, its still not as
efficient as I'd like.

Does anyone have any thoughts on a more efficient way to detect two
mouse over events at the same time?

Thanks!

Daniel Holth

This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) and may contain privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, displaying, copying, or
use of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete and
destroy any record of this message. Thank you.