On Mar 29, 2007, at 6:36 PM, Hairy Dog Digital wrote:

I'm surprised that any of the CS3 bundles are available via download. I would think they are only available via physical shipment due to sheer size.

Back to the subject at hand, I know that UK and EU pricing typically runs higher on software, but to the extent that it is cheaper to fly to the US, take a mini-holiday, purchase your software, then fly home seems ludicrous.

If you're purchasing the Master Collection, the price deviation from USD is somewhere around $1500 (or more). An outright purchase of the Master Collection in US is close the _upgrade_ pricing, depending on what you are upgrading from, for those in the UK after you apply a VAT of 17.5% (if that's applicable?).

I think anyone on this list in the UK could fly to the US round trip and crash with a US Flashcoder buddy - and still have some money left over for a hundred pints or so to help you forget how much you spent. You certainly would be getting more for your money that way.

cheers,

jon