-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Dowdell
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 1:04 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] The great CS3 Swindle

Mike Mountain wrote:
> Thanks for the response John, please don't take this personally, - but I
> suspect the legitimate reason is "because we can"....

... and if that's the case, then I'd like to see those decisionmakers
defend it in open debate.

But it's difficult for me to see intentional discrimination as the root
cause... doesn't match up with what I see of people here. The DNA is
towards global participation, so I suspect there are real constraints in
the way of flat pricing.

I've still got the action item to keep pressing for public explanations
about why software companies show such similar disparities across
regions. Such a mystery does no-one any good. The ZDNet/CNET articles
today likely caught org-wide attention, so I've got some more ammo this
week.... ;-)

cu,
jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd