Being in London for such a long time I'm used to over priced everything here. I lived in Tokyo as well in the past and I always thought (and told) Tokyo is the most expensive city in the world, so let's see.

Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Design Premium
Adobe Store US: $1,799
Adobe Store UK: £1,655.58 ($3,259 - 181% of US price)
Adobe Store Japan: Not listed

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
Adobe Store US: $199
Adobe Store UK: £146.88 ($289 - 145% of US price)
Adobe Store Japan: ¥23,100 ($196 - 98% of US price)

Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Apple Store US: $129
Apple Store UK: £89 ($175 - 136% of US price)
Apple Store Japan: ¥14,800 ($126 - 98% of US price)

You see the trend here. The localization from American English to British English is so hard that Adobe has to put nearly double price for some products. Translating into Japanese is such a child's play, Adobe can only justify selling the products for even lower than the US. It's a shame that Adobe Japan does not list any CS3 products yet, especially the localization to Japan is such an easy task, shouldn't take any time at all.

Kenneth Kawamoto
http://www.materiaprima.co.uk

Why are European products more expensive than UE or American products? The price of software in EMEA reflects both the additional expense to
develop and test Adobes applications for local markets and operating
systems, as well as for the delivery of complimentary Warranty support.