You're correct, Hershell. I have users who some have Studio 8 installed
and a couple with just MX 2004, and we don't have enough licenses to go
around at the moment.

I did see FLAver and I can guess it reads the header of the file to get
the version info. Other than that I think we're stuck and I'll have to
keep yelling at the ones who keep going to File>Save in Studio 8.

That's another bugger that gets me too. You open a MX 2004 file in Studio
8 and when you go to save, it saves it as version 8. You'd think it would
save it to it's original version; or pop up a message saying it's in a
older format and to stick with the older or use the newer format.

Anyways :)

I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

Chris