Thank you! I will give it a shot!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Muzak
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:41 PM
To: flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Problems with my Resume button

Haven't looked at all the code, but it sounds like you're making a
movieclip invisible while still loading content into that
movieclip.
This will make the movieclip visible as soon as the content has loaded.

I mentioned this a few days ago. When loading assets into a movieclip,
everything inside that movieclip will go *poof*. This
includes the movieclips properties being reset.

For instance, with the following code you'd expect the loaded image to
be invisible, well.. it isn't ;-)

this.createEmptyMovieClip("img_mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());
this.img_mc._visible = false;
this.img_mc.loadMovie("leaves.jpg");

You should look into using the MovieClipLoader class and listen for
events like onLoadInit()

The following will work and make the movieclip invisible as soon as the
image has loaded:

var mcl:MovieClipLoader;

function onLoadInit(t:MovieClip){
 trace("onLoadInit: "+t);
 t._visible = false;
}

this.createEmptyMovieClip("img_mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());
this.mcl = new MovieClipLoader()
this.mcl.addListener(this);
this.mcl.loadClip("leaves.jpg", this.img_mc)

regards,
Muzak