[p e r c e p t i c o n] wrote:
> AS1 or even JavaScript for that matter actually provides a suitable
introduction to
> OOP on some level

Oof. I agree with most of what you said except for AS1 being a suitable
introduction to OOP. I consider AS1's OOP model an abomination. You can
write OOP in AS1 if you work really hard, and don't let any other
programmers get their hands on it, but it's way, way too easy to break
encapsulation.

AS2's OOP implementation is light years ahead of AS1, and AS3, from what
I've read, is even better. Plus, AS2's class approach is much more standard
than the AS1 prototype approach.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson