Hi Paul,

I am building an application with 4 main elements that talk to each other
during the life of the application, each element contains several elements
that vary from 10 to maybe 100.

As I am writing this application I am trying to write it with the idea that
in the future when I need to make updates I could see clearly what is going
on or if some one else picks up this application they are able to understand
it. often we pick/develop applications that only we can understand add that
AS3 and you have a lot of spaghetti code that is passed around from
developer to developer and few years later the applications have to be
rewritten because there was not a basic structure followed since the
beginning.

In the end it might be just a personal code style rather than a software
developer question... thanks for chiming in.

On 1/19/08, Paul Andrews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Helmut, I think you are finding yourself a tricky way of building
> applications.
>
> If you can give us an idea of what you're trying to build I'm sure we can
> chime in with a lot of good ideas that will be easier than your current
> route.
>
> For example if you attach elements to a movieclip, you can control panel
> displays by moving/hiding the movieclip to which they are attached, rather
> than have to mess around with every individual element.
>
> Paul

...helmut